Contributor: Rick McGimpsey
- There really is no big difference between Star Wars and Star Trek. Just a bunch of fans nitpicking.
- I cannot stand those dreadful red uniforms from Star Trek II-VI! They should have stuck with the ones they had in The Motion Picture. Those were bad-ass!
- The only reason people like the Original Series is pure nostalgia. The acting and special effects were cheesy and none of the stories were any good.
- Honestly, I think Chris Pine made a better Kirk than Shatner anyway.
- They should have left Kirk dead at the end of Into Darkness and had the follow-up be Star Trek: The Search for Kirk.
- The Inner Light is one of the most idiotic episodes that came out of TNG’s run. It’s worse than Masks. It was pure sentimental hogwash and didn’t deserve any of its awards.
- I don’t get Deep Space Nine’s appeal! It’s a boring preachy soap opera where the ship never moves and its captain is practically a villain who should be strung up on war crimes!
- The only good thing about Voyager was 7 of 9. If you know what I mean 😉
- After seeing Enterprise I think it would have been a great idea if all of the Star Trek series had songs for their opening credits instead of lame musical themes.
- The Star Trek movies really lack any artistic and cinematic merit settling instead for lots of technical jargon and hard sci-fi concepts. They favour pleasing hardcore fans over writing good stories and realistic characters. That’s why Guardians of the Galaxy or Flash Gordon will always be better than Star Trek.
Next Month: Top 10 Things You Don’t Say to DC Comics Fans