Contributor: Rick McGimpsey
- Batman is the best hero evar! He could beat up Superman with his eyes closed! The comics? Some quote from Hush? Hey, man, I have only seen the movies.
- Psht! As far as I am concerned Alan Moore and Frank Miller ruined The Joker and Batman.
- Halle Berry’s Catwoman was way better than the character portrayed in the comics. She made Catwoman interesting.
- The Wonder Woman character is sexist. How can you call yourself empowered and wear a skimpy costume like that. It’s insulting. Wonder Woman and Power Girl are the reason the main comic reading demographic is still predominantly male.
- Thanks to Sony we shall never see Spider-Man and the X-Men join the Justice League.
- Your all-American icon wears his underwear on the outside, you have a hero who dresses up as a flying rodent, a “hero” who fears the colour yellow, and everyone wears their costumes as tight as possible. And you sit there and defend comics as legitimate literature?
- Knightfall, Knightquest, and Knightsend were some of the best Batman stories to date. It completely outdoes The Dark Knight Returns or The Long Halloween.
- Aquaman is lame! No, I have never read the comics. How do I know he is lame? I just do, man. Everyone knows it. Leave me alone!
- Superman is just a big boy scout. Batman is a much more believable and relatable figure. He evokes perfectly nihilistic Nietzschean moralist ethics. His fondness for bats and the dark is an apparent neo-gothic nytophilic comprehension of the human condition and Man’s inevitable role….[goes on for 3 hours]
- I hear Wally West prefers to use Windows operating systems because Apple doesn’t support Flash.
Next Month: Top 5 Things You Do Not Say to Marvel Comics Fans