1. Spider-Man “Holland nails Parker in every facet entirely, whoever brought him in is fucking AWESOME”!!!!
2. Black Panther “One of the few arcs I found to be heartfelt and honest to the character”.
3. The dichotomy of multiple errors, which was played out masterfully. It was the climax of a sexual experience, and it blew its load completely all at the right time.
4. Moments from the Novel, you saw multiple panels paid tribute to on several fronts. Hats off to the MCU for doing it, you didn’t need a shot by shot experience for this one. You just needed your nods, and I was satisfied with that alone.
5. You made me hate Tony Stark, in which I see no pathway where that changes. =) “There’s no way that’s considered a Con in my mind”. HAHA!!
1. Captain America giving up the Shield, it wasn’t the right time to do it. That should have been saved for Steve doing something unforgivable, and where he needed to be stripped of it by Government officials. Someone saying “You don’t deserve this” is no justification for that to take place. That’s where they missed the mark, unlike the Novel that delivered such a thing beautifully.
2. Vision almost killing Rhodes, it was a huge mistake to pin that on him. After making such progress with him in this film, I felt that should have gone to someone else. I think Barton would have been pretty fucking cool, maybe have him be on the run for being a double Agent. I’m not saying it wasn’t a killer moment, but I felt they wasted it on Vision and his nature. Because well, is someone like that really going to understand what he did? Its kind of like a puppy piddling on the carpet, they just don’t get it.
3. Wanda wasn’t angry enough, she had lost her brother and many others in her home country. There wasn’t much to convince me as to why she should be fighting anyone in Civil War. At least show her fighting the urge to kill someone, you know something that showcases her bond with Pietro surfacing. Tony kept her locked up in a room, at least attempt to utilize one of your most powerful Avengers more in that sense. I didn’t feel her rage like I had in AOU, there was just like “Oh hey, I’m just sitting here being a perfectly good teammate.” Given yes, she was held hostage… but that just gave her and Vision time to chat it up. USE HER!!!! Have her fuck with the other side “Especially Stark” she could do it!!!
4. I would have loved to have seen another mercenary surface to meddle in the business of the teams. Task Master perhaps? I don’t know, its just a thought. Zemo was acceptable, but I didn’t exactly feel him doing all that he did in the film. Yes, the man had all the motivation in the world to do those things. But the execution didn’t seem realistic, and someone else could have been used for such an occasion.
5. Why was Ant Man apart of this movie? Other than to fondles Steve’s boobs and grow? I’m still confused, I found his arc to be so far beyond pointless. He did earn the moniker of pest, if that’s what they were going for I suppose they succeeded.
That’s all I will say for now, if I think of other things I will add it later. =)
Does it deserve the title of “One Of The Best Comic Book Movies Ever”? Not really, but its a giant leap in the direction that needs to be taken desperately.
Contributor- Chris Ballenger